- In consultation with the Division Chair, coordinates/supports the division course staffing and scheduling, contract load, and accreditation visits.
- In conjunction with the Division Chair, orients and integrates new faculty, introducing them to the College's policies and procedures
- In conjunction with the Division Chair, ensures accuracy of all part-time faculty teaching information prior to submitting their payments into Workday through Period Activity Pay, and generating data sheets for full-time faculty overloads for the Academic Affairs Office review and contract initiation.
- Assists Division Chair with logistics of the annual faculty performance appraisal process.
- Assists Division Chair in managing the tenure and promotion process and ADMB review of non-tenure track contracts.
- Supports the Division Chair by coordinating meeting logistics and special events which may include recording meeting minutes.
- Assists with logistics of faculty recruitment process including placing discipline-specific job notices, overseeing candidates' visit schedules, arranging candidates' travel, lodging and local transportation, coordinating with HR to inform rejected candidates of their status, etc.
- Assists faculty in their preparation for delivery of courses. Provides administrative and technical support to multiple faculty members, maintaining knowledge of current technical advances that affect their work environment. May support faculty in setting up their courses on Canvas, managing syllabi, and editing and posting documents.
- Proctors student make-up exams as needed.
- Responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of division web pages. Proactively suggests changes that may help better market the division.
- Directs and channels incoming mail, forwards and answers email inquiries, ships and tracks courier shipments and delivery of confidential materials and handles routine and complex correspondence, inquiries and interactions with faculty, students, alumni, trustees, Olin College, and company representatives to ensure that necessary information is disseminated and minor problems are resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Assists in budget maintenance; works with the budget office to update, clarify, and process budgetary changes and discrepancies.
- Oversees building/office facility issues including, but not limited to: housekeeping issues, computer issues, office assignments, set-ups and moves, telephone, HVAC issues, and AV equipment, copier issues, etc.
- Assists as needed with expense records for reimbursements for faculty and Division Chair.
- Coordinates division faculty's programming and administration of the following annual college-wide events: 2-3 Global Film Series screenings with speakers, 2 T.E.S.T. theatrical productions, 2-3 Sorenson Center for the Arts speakers, 1-2 Diversity and Inclusion Speaker Series events, 3-4 Waterline Reading Series Showcase, Thompson Visiting Poet Series. Responsible for making travel and lodging arrangements, processing necessary payments, disseminating promotional material, reserving rooms, communicating with visiting presenters, coordinating with the Sorenson Center staff, etc.
- Assists division faculty with the annual Wooten Writing Prize and Conlon Writing Prize, offering administrative and promotional support.
- Assists in the administration of programs overseen by faculty directors housed in A&H including the Languages and Global Cultures Program, the Babson Writing Center, and the First-Year Writing Program. Helps plan and execute program retreats, meetings, placement tests, honoraria and other events and tasks.
- Hires and oversees student worker.
- Independently authorizes vendor purchases and payments; has discretionary use of Babson Procurement Card; and reconciles and meets with auditors regarding same.
- Updates syllabi archives in conjunction with library staff.
- Works closely with the Academic Division Coordinator of the History & Society division on joint initiatives.
- Helps the Division Chair create a positive, collaborative atmosphere around the division.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
- Additional Job Description
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor's Degree (or Associate's Degree & equivalent work experience)
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related experience.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to prioritize workload based on the needs of the division.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced academic environment.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and Google Docs
- Must be able to master Canvas and Workday.
- Ability to work with ethnically, culturally, and socially diverse students, staff, and faculty
- Ability to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; take thoughtful risks; and accept new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Ability to anticipate and embrace change; demonstrate willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Must have the flexibility and willingness to assume new tasks and special projects as well as to take initiative.
- Babson College requires all Babson faculty and staff members authorized to work on our campuses or any other property owned or controlled by the College to verify that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19. We have extended our vaccination policy to require a COVID-19 booster shot for all eligible community members as well. Students, faculty and staff must provide booster vaccination information by February 1, 2022 or within 21 days of becoming eligible for a booster (unless granted a medical accommodation or religious exemption). Requests for medical accommodation or religious exemption should be addressed directly to Human Resources.
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Prior experience in higher education preferred.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/E5LxmVfWWRzZOIOabFX4Mb
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency